Wednesday 12 February 2014

Hamilton, Ontario


 
Oh Hamilton, Hamilton, how I constantly defend you. I stick up for you when people say you stink. I suggest they see your beauty behind your oh so obvious flaws. Telling people about hidden and wondrous places you have, has become almost second nature. Although sometimes I think it falls on deaf ears as your image and reputation has become so deeply tarnished.

 

 

My world was once like those who mock you, seeing you as pathetic and having nothing good to offer, this sort of things happen when you grow up in places like Burlington.

My first realisation of your mass potential was when I clued into how malleable you are. You have been crying out for someone or something to take hold of you and make you a first class city. No one had been listening to those cries, till these last few years. Some say it’s too late to change you, I beg to differ. You want this, you need this, you must have this or you will die, Hamilton, and you know this. Only in the last few years have your folk actually been taking their heads out of the sand, long enough to see it’s safe to invest in you and your future.

 


Your image must be presented to a new crowd of people who actually care for your wellbeing. Yes, you have some sketchy areas to improve on. Yes, some of your folk are not the most appealing. Yes, you have had scars put on you. I believe that all these things can be changed, not just by words, not just to pander to big businesses in hopes that they will take you under their wing. But by action from the ones who care for you. This Hamilton is your intervention. No longer will I sit idly by and watch you, be destroyed.

 

You are better than what people have told you. The folk you have will be better, healthier, stronger more determined people! When lead by the ones who truly care for you, for them, for us.

 


Stand Hamilton; take your rightful place as a world class city for the ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment